Workout of the Week: Over-Unders (Running)
This is a great workout that you can do outside or on the treadmill. This is a go to for me on the treadmill as it really helps the time fly by.
Get a nice warm-up in, at least 5-10 minutes and then it’s time to dive in:
- 3 minutes @ Goal Race Pace (If the race is 10k or shorter, have the interval only be 2 minutes)
- 1 minute @ :30/mile slower
- Repeat 4x – Hopefully you can build to as many as 8!
Get a good cool-down in before finishing your workout to stretch. Let me know what you think!
Workout of the Week: Tabata Intervals
One of my favorite workouts is the Tabata Interval. The thing I like most about it is that you can apply it to (almost) any type of training: running, cycling, swimming, lifting, calisthenics – you name it!
As with any workout – get in a a nice warm up of at least 5-10 minutes before diving in. Here is the basic structure:
- 20 seconds ALL OUT
- 10 seconds complete rest (or easy active recovery)
- Repeat as many times as you’d like.
Traditional Tabata workouts are done in 4 minute increments. 8 times through the above structure would yield 4 minutes. At that point you could rest for a few minutes and do it again. Each week – try adding one new Tabata round to your workout!